Friday, December 7, 2007

HOW TO USE CUSTOMER RESPONSE CARD

HOW TO USE CUSTOMER RESPONSE CARD

We all do it. If we get good service or order a product we like we order

from the company again. However, if there is something we don't like

or are dissatisfied with the service in any way, shape or form, we

never bring it to the attention of the company. We simply don't use

their services again and think that solves the problem.

Let me share with you something that happened here locally to me. A

new pizza shop moved into the neighborhood and I decided to try

them out. When I placed my order I informed them that they had been

highly recommended and this was my first order. When I picked up the

pizza and brought it home it was HORRIBLE! I couldn't believe I

actually paid $14 for the thing. It wasn't even worth $2 in my opinion.

Naturally, I had made up my mind never to order from this particular

pizza shop again but a few days later the owner called me to ask my

opinion on what I thought of the pizza. (He had got my phone number

off the check I paid my order with.)

Feeling a little embarrassed and reluctant to tell him how horrible it

was, I said, "It was okay but not something I would order again." The

owner became very interested and asked me to give him more

specifics. I explained that the sauce was too tangy and there was not

enough cheese or pepperoni on the pizza even though I ordered

double of both items. He asked me to give his pizza one more try, but

this time it would be free of charge. I accepted.

And guess what? The quality was greatly improved and I am now a

steady customer. You can use the same situation for your mail order

business. Only you can't afford to call everyone that orders from you.

That is where the "Customer Response Card" is vital to your growing

business. You hardly ever see them in mail order because people

don't think they really work. That's because they have never put them

to use. That's where you can be different and innovative and

profitable all at the same time.

"Customer Response Cards" can easily be typeset by any competent

typesetter. They should ask such questions of the customer, as:

How do you rate our service? Was the quality of our product or

service excellent, good, fair or poor? What would you suggest for

us to do in order to improve our services? Would you order from us

again? Any additional comments?

Lines should be left for the customers' name, address and telephone

number. In addition, the "Customer Response Card" should be pre-

addressed with your address and preferably pre-stamped for their

convenience.

If you decide to use "Customer Response Cards" they will serve a

very important function in your daily business. First of all, when

customers receive them they will know you are concerned about them

and their order. They will feel important that you have asked for their

opinion and will feel free to make helpful suggestions, complain or

brag about your company.

However, you must keep in mind that a complaint is NOT a reflection

on you personally. A complaint should be an indication that there is

some unfinished business to take care of. Almost 90% of the time, if

you listen and try to understand a customer complaint the customer is

more than satisfied.

Then, if you offer to make up for the difference or offer them free

services or a money-saving coupon on their next order, they will be

much more than satisfied. Not only have you kept a customer but built

a trust with them at the same time.

Solve complaints from "Customer Response Cards" as quickly as

possible. Customers may make a complaint on a postcard more

readily than calling you or writing you a letter. This helps draw your

attention to problems before they get out of hand problems you might

not even know existed!

And never forget to thank your customers for providing you with their

opinion. You could send them back a discount coupon to use on items

you sell on their next order or simply send them a "Thank You" card.

Remember that a customer's opinion is worth its weight in gold. There

are professional marketing firms that are paid $1,000's of dollars per

year by companies to find out what people really think of their

products.

A "Customer Response Card" is a very low-cost way of determining

trends and interests that your customer market has. If you keep on top

of things, you will never have to hire these high-paid professionals.

You'll know more than they do!


No comments: